Applicants Sought for Housing Preservation Grant

lc@marketinglaura.comHome Access

The Vermont Center for Independent Living, a statewide disability rights group, is seeking applicants in the state of Vermont who may be eligible for projects under a U.S. Department of Agriculture Housing Preservation Grant.

Applicants should be homeowners with a permanent physical disability looking to improve the accessibility of their home with an exterior ramp and/or a bathroom modification, such as, for example, a tub-to-shower conversion.

Applicants must live in the state and have a household income under the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Developmentā€™s 80 percent median income for the number of people living in the home. For example, household income under between $47,150 and $58,650 for a family of two (depending on the county) meets this criteria.

For an application or for more information, please call Susan Britto at VCIL at 802-224-1827 or email